Edie For District E - Raleigh City Council
Hi, I'm Edie Jeffreys and I'm running as your Raleigh City Councilor for District E.
Why I’m running for Raleigh City Council?
It's time for District E to have a Councilor who listens to constituents and stands up for neighborhoods!
As a native, I've seen Raleigh evolve from a small southern town to today's nationally recognized city with residents from around the world. Long involved in Raleigh's challenges with growth, I'm committed to quality growth that protects neighborhoods and smart planning to ensure that our quality of life is not compromised. In particular, I'm very concerned about the negative impacts of the new zoning code - the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) - on neighborhoods and the lack of Council responsiveness to concerns about development in District E.
I have entered the City Council race to represent my district’s citizens.
- quality growth that protects neighborhoods and small businesses
- development that pays its own way
- creation of jobs
- promoting living wage jobs
- improving and expanding transportation options
- protection of our environment and water sources
- Actively involved in the Five Points Citizens Advisory Council for over 15 years and currently serve on the Leadership Committee
- A leader in a Neighborhood Conservation Overlay District rezoning of over a thousand properties in Five Points East in an attempt to bring more predictability as teardowns and infill development occurred during the 2000’s
- Appeared numerous times before the Raleigh City Council to voice neighborhood concerns in multiple rezoning and infill cases
- Founding member of a neighborhood advocacy organization, Community SCALE
- A software professional with over 26 years with a leading national software company headquartered in Cary, NC.
For more information about my background, please see my bio.
Please visit and like my Facebook page and share your thoughts about what's important to you.